Online shopping has become a preferred mode of purchase among modern consumers. It’s the same reason why e-commerce enthusiasts have also sprung up from all over the world. They see the growth potential of the internet in revolutionizing the consumer market and the world of business as a whole. If you’re also a modern business enthusiast, you may already have experienced the power of using the internet to provide the best purchasing experience to your customers and earn ecom passive income at the same time.
One particularly popular way of conducting e-commerce is drop shipping. You buy your merchandise, sell them, and have them shipped directly to your buyers without having to store them. It’s a convenient way to earn a steady stream of passive income, and you can do more to boost your profit. Below are some useful tips to take your ecom drop shipping business to the next level and boost your current passive income:
Invest in E-commerce and Drop Shipping Courses
If you’re an avid fan of e-commerce gurus, chances are you already went to a seminar or finished an e-commerce course before you launched your business. If you did, then you already know how valuable of an investment it was. If you haven’t, then now is the time to set aside some time and budget to enroll at an e-commerce and drop shipping course. There are many comprehensive courses on e-commerce and drop shipping you can find online. Both serial learners and newbies can greatly benefit from these types of courses because you’ll be learning from the greatest minds in the world of e-commerce. Some are fashioned for the beginners while others offer an advanced level of learning. You also don’t leave out of these courses empty-handed, literally because you’ll be taking the learning materials and references with you.
What’s more is that you’ll meet other colleagues in the industry and rub elbows with some of the most successful e-entrepreneurs. You’ll also be updated with the latest digital business trends and approaches so you’ll never get left behind, especially if you see to it that you’re applying what you learned in improving your business.
Choose the Best E-commerce Platforms
Another important thing that can help grow your e-commerce business and increase your passive income is your choice of e-commerce platforms. Even if your online store has been around for quite some time, if you’ve set it up in a less known platform, you’re less likely to attract more buyers. You don’t have to close your online store and immediately move to a new platform. What you need to do is open a few more in some of the best e-commerce platforms, like opening more doors or branches in places where most consumers are found. Some of the best e-commerce platforms to put up your online store are:
- 3rd Cart
Rev Up Your Marketing
The best way to boost your passive income from your e-commerce and drop shipping business is to drive your sales higher. What better way is there to increase your sales than to step up your marketing efforts? Here are some of the most crucial strategies to consider:
- Branding – You can do more to reach out to new customers and bring your brand to them. See what needs to be improved when it comes to your branding. If your logo needs a makeover, have a professional graphics designer do it for you. Revisit your values and mission, and focus on it. You can also think of a tag line that is both catchy and embodies your values.
- SEO – Use SEO or search engine optimization by incorporating relevant keywords into product descriptions and image filenames on your e-commerce store. You can also improve your company description and page navigation.
- Social Media Marketing – Share more aggressively and pay for ad slots on social media websites. Also, post clear and well-photographed product images. You can also post announcements of promotions, vouchers, and discounts.
- Email Marketing – Build a new email list and collect as many as possible. Start an email marketing campaign and invite potential leads to visit your website and your e-commerce store in exchange for gift certificates or discounts.
Focus on Your Best Niches
When you’re selling products online, it’s important always to consider your target audience. This is where you’ll base the choice of products to feature on your store. If your online store covers various types of products, you have to identify the product categories that stand out and bring in the most sales. You’ll have to look at your own sales analytics to identify your best products, but just to give you an idea, here are some of the most popular niches in drop shipping you should check out:
- Fashion (clothes, shoes, bags, and accessories)
- Gadgets (mobile phones, laptops, cameras)
- Beauty and Wellness (beauty products, exercise kits, gears, healthy juices, recipe books)
- Home Appliances (TV, tables, kitchenware, refrigerators, coffee makers)
- School and Office Supplies (pens, pencils, notebooks, planners)
- Gift Items (gift bundles, baskets, ready-wrapped boxes)
Streamline the Purchasing Process
You can improve your customer’s purchasing experience by improving the way they buy on your e-commerce store. Customers find it daunting to have to go through many pages and steps before successfully making a purchase. This could lead to many potential customers to close your store site. Instead of having them go through multiple stages in the purchasing process, you can simplify and reduce the steps.
Tap On Your Network
If you find yourself struggling to come up with other ways to boost your e-commerce and drop shipping sales, don’t be afraid to ask for help. You can ask friends and family members for suggestions from a consumer’s point of view. It’s also best to ask for help and advice from your friends in the e-commerce industry. There’s a reason that business industries form communities out of its members. The online business industry thrives because of its community and entrepreneurs who are ready to lend a hand.
Earning passive income doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t be doing anything, especially when it comes to business. You have to make sure that these tips don’t remain a mere resource. Think of them and remember them at heart, but most importantly, turn them into action. Implement the necessary changes and monitor improvements. This way, you’ll see actual results and your efforts will bear fruit in the form of increased revenue and passive income.
There’s only one thing you should do. START! If you want to make a living while traveling. If you want to be a digital nomad and see the best places in the world while making money, drop shipping is the thing for you. You’ll enjoy the ultimate freedom with it. Best thing is: if you live in a developed country or market to a developed country, you’re income will be a lot higher version your cost of traveling to Asia. You with only a little turnover and profit, you’ll be able to live a great life here in Asia.